Atheist Justifications for Bad Behavior

It should no longer amaze me when atheists act irrationally, but it does. They proclaim "reason" as if they had exclusive rights to it. In fact, I have seen precious little in the way of reasoning processes from atheists. (I suspect that more civil atheists are uninterested in trolling, and are embarrassed by the Internet trolls.) They commit multiple logical fallacies, and then justify their bad logic with more of it — I have lost count of the number of times I have experienced this online.

So many modern atheists use the fallacies and attempt to manipulate emotions to control the flow of conversations. (I recently trapped some particularly vituperative atheists by saying that they are incapable of rational discourse. When one with an obscene name attempted to dictate the terms of the conversation, I declined to go along with it. S/he reacted with railings, accusations and so forth, and others joined in. (Part of it was resentment at being caught in my trap and trying to put it back on me, other parts were just simple railing. I like being proved right.) So many hate following rules, and whine about being unable to say anything anytime or they whine about "censorship", cowardice or some use other attempt to manipulate.

These modern atheists seek to justify their bad behavior. One loathsome misotheist, when asked why he persecutes Christians, responded with:
It is often asked, usually by my Christian family members, why I am so bent on attacking Christianity? Why don't I attack Buddhism with the same zeal?

Well, Buddhists aren't, en mass, currently trying to restrict the rights of my homosexual friends to get married and be happy. My Buddhist friends aren't trying to dictate whether or woman can have an abortion or not and dictate what she can or cannot do with her own body. Buddhists aren't trying to control education policies by supplanting historical and scientific facts for their ancient myths.

But that's just one of my reasons for speaking out against Christianity. My other reason is more subtle. I want to educate Christians, because the truth of the matter is, many Christians don't seem to know all that much about Christianity. Granted, it might be unfair of me to expect over two billion people to have access to higher learning, and I feel much of the things which religious historians have understood for the past 300 years should be made more common knowledge to the general public, perhaps Christians most of all. But there is no reason we shouldn't have the right to correct a Christian when they are wrong about some straight forward fact. [1]
Note the noble victim tone, as well as the contradictions and absence of reason. Not only is he outright lying ("...en mass, currently trying to restrict the rights of my homosexual friends to get married and be happy"), but that statement appeals to emotion, has a straw man fallacy and uses a sweeping generality. Then, he contradicts himself by pretending that he is trying to do Christians a favor by "correcting" us. This is astonishingly arrogant. He knows more than all of the Christians? (Perhaps he knows more things about the Bible and Christianity than some Christians; that is a problem that some of us are attempting to correct.) But such a broad, narcissistic statement is laughable.

The whole thing is very transparent, and I suspect the better answer for why he persecutes Christians is that he simply wants a plausible-sounding excuse for acting like an angry schoolyard bully that was spanked for stealing a banana from the teacher's desk.

One of the most vile things I have read from an atheist unfortunately does not have documentation. You'll just have to take my word for it. (Naturally, atheopaths are going to accuse me of lying, but that's their nature, innit?) When Ray Comfort's Weblog was called "Atheist Central", I brought up the fact that atheists have been persecuting, torturing and murdering Christians in atheist-controlled countries for decades. Someone responded that "they deserved it"! Why did they "deserve it"? Because of what the Catholic church did in previous centuries. This is "reason" in action, folks.

What follows next is alarming. An atheist kept pestering me about my beliefs on the age of the Earth. I asked why it mattered to him what I believe about it. Here is his response:




Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Restrain your equines, Pilgrim!

When we correctly point out that the greatest mass murderers in history have been atheists like Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Lenin and others, the response is the "no true atheist" fallacy [2]; the atheism of Stalin et al have nothing to do with their actions! First, that load of garbage that doesn't fool anyone. And yet, this atheo-fascist member of the Thought Police was worried that my beliefs affect my actions, and may motivate me to act in a way that is unacceptable to him. What an amazingly blatant display of double standards. A bit Stalinesque, I think. [3]

Bottom lines:Your worldview does affect your actions. Atheism is logically and philosophically self-refuting, tragically lacking in reason as well as substance. Manipulative control freaks are disgusting. People can attempt to justify acting arrogantly, but they are not fooling anyone.

They're worse after they've been drinking. That's a wrap on the rant. Be sure to catch the videos that follow (the longest is only about eight minutes long):

Popular posts from this blog

The Amazing Super Powers of the Mighty Atheist™

Keeping My Wife at a Distance Online

Where Does It Stop?