Buon giorno. Generally speaking, in my experience, readings and so forth... Whenever I hear about atheists in the news, they're up to mischief.
- Crosses on roads in Utah to honor fallen troopers are protested
- Fighting the "National Day of Prayer"
- Ray Comfort's special edition of their sacred text, Origin of the Species, enrages them
- Street sign "Seven in Heaven Way" honoring fallen firefighters from September 11 is protested
- On that note, atheists are trying to block the September 11 World Trade Center cross from being used in the memorial
- Attempting to block the restoration of a huge cross in Illinois
- A California war memorial cross is forced away
- Protesting a Sunday morning meeting at Answers in Genesis
- Signs directly attacking God and Christianity at Christmas time
- Suing over the reading of Genesis 1 on the Apollo 8 moon mission in 1968
Most of these things have a flimsy excuse, a misinterpretation of the spurious Constitutional "wall of separation of church and state". Oh, sure. It's in the Constitution, all right. Article 124 of the Soviet Union.
However, there are a few things that they can cry and fuss all they want, they cannot be changed.
First, the reading from Genesis on Apollo 8 has been immortalized:
And here is the audio:
|NASA / Click for larger image|